HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Never got my deer meat back
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 10:12 AM
rogerstv
Nontypical Buck

You are correct HL. I just came back to add that I am very cautious with my meat preparation. If I could find a processor who makes slim jims and summer sausage at the quality I enjoy now and promise me that I would receive my meat back, I would be a loyal customer. I've tried numerous processors over the years. Have tried products from many more in the area. Several years ago, I took meat to three nearby. I did side-by-side testing of slim jims, summer sausage, and breakfast sausage. It turned out that I liked the same one for the slim jims and sausage. I liked a buddy's recipe for breakfast sausage. So, he and I make bfast sausage now which does not require anything but pork and seasoning in a controlled batch weight. No smoke, cook, or cure.

I process my own loins, tender loins, burger, jerky, and a few roasts for deer BQ and Italian deer. Slim jims and sausage are fun to share.

Certainly not knocking anyone with the desire to get their meat back. I get it. Just doesn't happen from too many places here in Illinois. Can't. Too many hunters bringing in too much meat.