HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help 4ft or 5ft net fence
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 05:29 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Madd Ranch
This is normal in texas guys
well I know several ranchers and land owners and hunting guide services in TX< and MOST do NOT allow free roaming of the exotic's they PAID for to wander off THERE land, every single one has fencing in place to STOP them from leaving
SO I do NOT think its that common for folks to let exotic's wander freely in Texas based on what and all I know there!

NOT bashing just saying!
ONLY fencing I would even consider with me heavy gauge wire fencing here if your planning to keep things in
they actually market and sell it as DEER fencing

and it can get costly FAST when you figure out how many miles of it you end up needing to do a large tract of land, the time to install it and materials besides the fence can get very costly
but if you have the $$$ so be it
fenced in lands in Texas ARE very common, there should be a LOT of company's that do just this, and they would be worth contacting to find out what they recommend here IMO< they do this stuff for a living!

I doubt many members here have much experience with fencing in a property with intentions like you have
as most HUNTERS< some what turn a nose up to HIGH fence operations, NOT ALL< but a higher percentage IMO do!

also if your goal is keeping game inside and using a SHORT fence (under 7 ft is short to me) I would also consider a electric fence added to things down low, so anything that attempts to PUSH thru it will have more deterrent!
solar e fence is also pretty easy and cheap to add in the big picture here, wouldn;t ONLY use it, but would be nice added touch for larger stronger animals!