Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Help 4ft or 5ft net fence

Old 01-10-2019, 05:23 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Madd Ranch
Well I guess the black buck, fallow, axis, etc. That I have in my cameras daily are fake then. If you dont live or own land in south texas why are you running your mouth. Do yourself a favor and do some research on the rocksprings TX. There are tons on exotics that are free range and are everywhere. There is no regulation on them. You can hunt them all year round "no season", you can hunt them out of a truck at night with lights in front of the game warden. Of course only on your own property. And yes there are tons on low fence community out here that all the owners get together and buy exotics and let them go in the community. Theres even a wildlife tax exempt processes you can get from the state if you bring a 3rd party co-op game management company in manage the wildlife and property owners. I guess I posted this question in the wrong place.

P.S everything is better in Texas
I think your question is in the right place since it has generated some opinions a few of which might not be what you were looking for. I knew there were exotics in Texas because I know people who hunt them there but they were all behind a high fence operation as far as I know. My only question comes because most states I know of that have imported game regulate them and try to keep them from intermingling with the native species for possible disease issues. My small state has developed regulations and closed all canned hunting facilities with the hope of stopping CWD from showing up. I am a firm believer in the rights of a landowner to use their land as they see fit providing it is legal so apparently the rules in Texas allow what you are talking about. Getting back to a fence question my opinion is other than a double high fence with periodic surveillance it is impossible to keep animals either in or out over time. If it is wooded then fallen trees often will breach a single fence. Animals have a way to find spots where they can come and go so I doubt a 4 or 5 foot fence would achieve what you are looking for. I know whitetail deer can easily jump a 6' fence and large animals like a bison must be similar to beef cows and a 4' fence will keep them in but needs to be a very sturdy construction and or electrified otherwise they just push through. The net type fences aren't very effective IMO. I have tried to use them as a snow fence and they don't hold up long due to the sun and wind breaking them down. Best of luck.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have seen some buffalo up here and they hold them in with Barb wire fencing.. But the keep them fed so there is no need for them to wander.. So yes barb wire would do better and deer will go threw it. As C.I. mentioned an electric wire in it around eye level would also help you out. It has to hit them just in front of the eyes or they will go straight threw..
Old 01-10-2019, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Madd Ranch
Well I guess the black buck, fallow, axis, etc. That I have in my cameras daily are fake then. If you dont live or own land in south texas why are you running your mouth. Do yourself a favor and do some research on the rocksprings TX. There are tons on exotics that are free range and are everywhere. There is no regulation on them. You can hunt them all year round "no season", you can hunt them out of a truck at night with lights in front of the game warden. Of course only on your own property. And yes there are tons on low fence community out here that all the owners get together and buy exotics and let them go in the community. Theres even a wildlife tax exempt processes you can get from the state if you bring a 3rd party co-op game management company in manage the wildlife and property owners. I guess I posted this question in the wrong place.

P.S everything is better in Texas
not sure who your directing this at
but when you ask a question on an open form, you better maybe learn to have thicker skin as ANY answer can be expected, NOT just one's you like
you started off a on a forum with your first post ever and NO details on where your at , so were NOT mind readers and not many of us I bet are familiar with your exact location that you JUST NOW Posted!

I offered you advice based on MY experience trying to offer you help
I made exact suggestions on fencing to try and HELP you , AGAIN< based on ACTUAL experience I HAVE with fencing and deer and other animals , I have worked on and helped managed a LOT of lands over the yrs and have a lot fo friends that do the same all over the USA
what ever gamer laws are in your area, are NOT the same as in MY area, and I never said I knew those in your area!
I said WIDELY that MOST Places have laws about free ranging exotic's
and I was 100% correct on saying this
IF you really want help, getting aggressive and trying to insult those that TRIED maybe to help you, isn;'t the CORRECT way of going about it

if you KNOW so much about TX and what others do there, why are you here asking questions
maybe you'd be better off talking to those near you that have like issue's

AGAIN< this is meant as HONEST advice and a suggestion, you want help
be NICE, it will get you more help than being a ????

and I also mentioned E fence too!
I doubt a double fence would work much better than a single fence that is UP kept! the costs to build 2 of them would NOT offset any better fencing in of thing and might keep out more deer than let in , which I THINK would be against what you want to accomplish here!
\
ALSO< here, is some food for thought, you mentioned 5,000 acres and then 60-130 acres , but NEVER ever stated HOW much land your actually LOOKING to fence in, as a total of acres?
and this honestly is a BIG part of being able to control or HELP control animal movements, or goals that you WISH to TRY and meet!

SO< as they say, the better the info you GIVE, the better the HELP you get in return, we are NOT mind readers or a 24 hr help line that is up to spec on ever law and rule in the USA or experts on everything

we TRY to help based on things we know or KNOW of! , NO need to get disrespectful if you DON"T like a response on a OPEN forum, shows poor character.!