HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Remington 700 sps stainless .300 wsm not grouping
Old 12-07-2018, 06:05 AM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

If you are able to elaborate upon HOW AND WHY stainless steel is more sensitive to heat than chromoly barrels, and as to why some rifles are more sensitive than others.

I welcome any opportunity for someone to teach me something, which is why I asked you to elaborate. You pointed at metallurgy as a potential issue, but didn’t explain to any of us why, or how the OP could troubleshoot to determine whether his particular rifle is actually experiencing these problems.

I asked simply for your to elaborate. Maybe that’s offensive to you, and I apologize if it is, as that wasn’t my intent. I asked for more info. You’re the one who responded with snark and for some reason blame this forum for your statements.

I’d STILL love to learn something new about the impact thermal expansion coefficients of different metals will affect their potential for accuracy, and how that applies to the OP’s rifle, and how he might be able to troubleshoot to identify that as the cause of his problem, or cross it off of the list.