HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New to the game, from NM
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 11:25 AM
Going Grey
Spike

Default New to the game, from NM

Hi all!

Name is Andre and have been wanting to get into hunting for all my life but never had a teacher or much drive to get out and learn until now.

Now that I'm getting older (late 30s) I've gotten the itch to hunt pretty bad. I recently bought myself a .308 and am starting to get myself familiar with the rifle. I've also been watching and reading dozens of articles and videos about marksmanship and hunting, learning everything from twist rate and bullet grain to proper hunting practices and field dressing. Despite all that info that I have been feeding myself, I'm sure I've only scratched the surface.

I know all the research is fine and dandy to familiarize myself with the stuff but what matters most is getting out into the world and experiencing it all first-hand. I'm not sure if that opportunity will present itself this season, which to my understanding is already underway, but for now I figured it would be nice to sign up for a forum and start socializing with experienced hunters and dig deeper into the different aspects of hunting.

I look forward to being a part of your forum, learning from all of you, and hopefully be able to pay it forward in the future!