HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting In Hot Weather Thoughts And Questions
Old 10-08-2018, 04:13 AM
JGFLHunter
Typical Buck

Yep. The hunting in Florida is usually on the hot to warm side until December and January but by then the hunting Is pretty hard. Pick your shot and not rush it. If you want meat you have to hunt. Don’t let weather stand in your way. I bring water or Gatorade in my blind when I sit. The thermacell is my best friend when hunting. Just have to be smart and hunt the favorable wind. Field dress as soon as possible and ice it or hang in refrigerator room. If the heat bothers you don’t go and wait for the cool front to move in. Everybody is different with heat. Some like it because they can pattern the deer and can almost get the deer they desire. Once the rut starts to occur all the preseason stuff and patterns are gone. Bucks can come and go. Up to you it’s your decision. For me, I always go and have the best success early season (bow season) here in FL. Once October ends a lot of the action stops. Into the second week of November deer activity is way down and post rut kicks in.

Last edited by JGFLHunter; 10-08-2018 at 04:22 AM.