HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Free Range vs. High Fence
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 07:53 PM
JagMagMan
Giant Nontypical

First, I'll have to agree with Old Timer, several thousand acres, with NO FEEDERS, Is pretty much Hunting! Most people don't understand, a 40,000 acre ranch is 62.5 square miles! That’s not exactly a “feeder pen!”

My only experience with “high fence,” was that a friend invited me on a “cheap, bow only, hog hunt.” Only 200 acres, with feeders and several types of game, including Black Buck Antelope, Red Stag and Nilgi!
I think I saw EVERY animal on that 200 acres, except for the Nilgi, as they are very shy and smart! I DO NOT CARE TO EVER HUNT THAT TYPE OF AREA AGAIN! TOTALLY “CANNED HUNTING!”

Again, NOT the same as 40,000 acres of property, WITHOUT feeders!

I had a newspaper outdoors columnist contact me about the above hunt. He argued that many people can’t afford, or have the free time to take their kids on a “real hunt.” This is as close to the “REAL,” hunting experience that they can have with their children! I can understand that!

My “REAL” problem is that some of those same parents that can afford thousands of dollars for they, and/or their children to hunt can brag about 150+ bucks that they or their child killed as their “first buck!”

Now that right there, AIN”T REAL HUNTIN' !!!!!