HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Not sure what is going on but.....
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 04:49 PM
ibobi
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Ibobi,

I readily admit that I'm not smart enough to understand how all of this works. I've chosen to stick around and keep plugging away doing what I can. that was an attempt to summarize what I think the primary concerns are for mods and members .

There seems to be a growing number of unhappy users. Partially due to spam, lack of moderator presence, and slow response time to reported threads .

As for response time, when I see the emails I check on it. A few times it has been there for a few days without any response . But most of the time it's been dealt with by the time I get to the email. I don't think a day or two is a long time when mods are volunteering time . Especially during the summer when many of us are busy doing things. But I agree that it could be faster as well and it's probably frustrating for a user to report a thread, and then see it's still there there next day.

-Jake
I am also responding, monday-friday during business hours, same day or sooner. The response time may be slow in that if there isn't a moderator on and it is the weekend, it doesn't get handled until Monday morning... but with SO FEW spam threads being posted in the first place, it can't possibly be such a big complaint. Literally, there isn't even a new spam thread once a WEEK! I have said it beofre and I will say it again: I run 20 online communities. The spam on HN is *very low*.

Lastly, I have never had a complaint about how fast or how well the mod team is doing something here. Quite the contrary, I'm very happy with the team, though like others I wish there were more of us doing this, even with relatively slow posting (it will pick up in a couple of weeks!). If you have any suggestions for active members who might make good mods and want to try it out, let me know!

Thank you again Jake,

Paul