Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Technical/Forum Help > Technical Help
Not sure what is going on but..... >

Not sure what is going on but.....

Community
Technical Help Post your technical questions here, such as those pertaining to posting, replying, images, etc. DO NOT POST HUNTING QUESTIONS HERE!!!!

Not sure what is going on but.....

Old 10-01-2019, 06:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just look at the current "who's online". Usually more than half are bot names but since they dont post the policy is to allow it. Kinda obvious when you see half a dozen of these "registering now" they are likely from the same source.

So i guess we allow nude profile pics now and links to foreign online gambling.
https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/members/maxbetqq.html

Pretty easy in most good forum software to prevent new members from having sig lines, pics or links of any kind. Allowing it encourages it and all you get is more of them. Site Admins could end this now but they made a clear choice to allow it to happen. It took tons of complaints from members to get the fake forum posts to stop. Spam disguised as posts was about the last straw for me.

BTW im not blaming the mods. The is a site admin problem. As an admin on another site im well aware of what can be done and what hasnt been done.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Gm54-120

BTW im not blaming the mods. The is a site admin problem. As an admin on another site im well aware of what can be done and what hasnt been done.
I know. We did what we could, trust me. Essentially we were told to move on, and specifically a "How many times are we going to have this conversation" type tone.

-Jake
Old 10-01-2019, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
Just look at the current "who's online". Usually more than half are bot names but since they dont post the policy is to allow it. Kinda obvious when you see half a dozen of these "registering now" they are likely from the same source.

So i guess we allow nude profile pics now and links to foreign online gambling.
https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/members/maxbetqq.html

Pretty easy in most good forum software to prevent new members from having sig lines, pics or links of any kind. Allowing it encourages it and all you get is more of them. Site Admins could end this now but they made a clear choice to allow it to happen. It took tons of complaints from members to get the fake forum posts to stop. Spam disguised as posts was about the last straw for me.

That member has been permabanned so the link might not work anymore.