HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Free Range vs. High Fence
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2018, 08:03 PM
Berserker
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by flags
For what it is worth I have taken both blackbuck and auodad here in TX many years ago. But they were free range on a ranch that didn't have any fence more substantial the 3 strand barbed wire.

Splitting hairs a little are you not?

I have not hunted high fence or barb wire, so I can't say for sure. But if the place is big enough, I doubt is picking the one you want, and jus shooting it. I got cameras. I know there are deer here I have not had a chance to shoot.

I also don't get the dis on leased land. I own land, and have hunted public. I suppose for city people they are so used to people all over. But I have hunted plenty of land with no pressure, and deer just bedded down.

I am not going to get to righteous either way. Some people are full of it, in my opinion, and drama queens. I think some people are really splitting hairs, in the direction they prefer,

Guided hunt? Big ranch? Private/lease? All have similar aspects unless a tiny ranch, which I am sure people go to, too. It seems like the more you get to big cities, you have more of it. Where I am from we have lots of public land. But some people don't have that. You hear about TX hunts where you pay based on size of deer. I am glad around here the government stays out of what I shoot, and we don't have those ranches. But I am sure they are fun in their own way.