HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Not sure what is going on but.....
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 07:53 AM
Champlain Islander
Dominant Buck

My opinion is any spam members are detrimental to what we as regular members expect on a hunting site. Some of them are active and post which shows up right away creating aggravation for members while others might sign up and are waiting to post at some future time. The reason for some of the spam profiles are probably to further their own businesses since many have them listed as a link in their sig lines. Others are probably bot activated and serve to increase membership numbers and never seem to post. Others are more sinister and in the past those have created havoc. I have signed on in the morning on several occasions to see the site totally flooded with the same or similar spam posts in almost all the forums. That spam blitz can at times cripple the forums and takes time to remove and ban the perpetrators. I haven't seen this happen for a while but it is shocking when it does. In view of that I take a dim view of any spammer and feel they should be eliminated when seen and software should be initiated to slow the spread of new spammers from signing up. I see spam as a tug of war and when enough of them are members they can have a detrimental effect on attracting real members which are actually the ones who would be most likely to interact with advertisers.