HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hogs Making It Easy
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 07:41 PM
MudderChuck
Nontypical Buck

Lots if action on that hunt.. That is a years worth of Hogs for me, I'm lucky to get a Hog a month, sometimes one every two months. Our Hogs are fairly intensively hunted. You get one shot off and may not see them again for weeks or longer.

I was on one hunt in the Czech Republic, in a old forest. Forty Hogs came in and had no fear whatsoever of man. My guess is it was a couple of sounders that temporarily joined together, they had been back in the wild lands for a long time and had little contact with hunters. I spent half the night on an eight foot telephone pole gate post watching them. My feeling was if they weren't afraid of me, I was afraid of them.

I once threw a road kill Deer into an area the Hogs had been hitting hard for earth worms and grubs. I came back the next morning and found only a few bone splinters and hair tufts. You have to respect those Hogs and have an escape plane in mind if they do something unpredictable.

One reason hunters are a good thing, it keeps the wildlife from getting to comfortable and maybe considering humans as dinner.