Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hogs Making It Easy

Old 06-20-2018, 06:32 AM
Fork Horn

Default Hogs Making It Easy

Some hunts are more difficult than others, but never in my life had hogs make things so easy for me. Time after time, they moved toward me instead of away...

Old 06-20-2018, 07:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

That is a big pile of pigs!
Old 06-20-2018, 02:06 PM
Fork Horn

That was cool!
Old 06-21-2018, 03:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on the hogs. Some good shooting there.
Old 06-21-2018, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lots if action on that hunt.. That is a years worth of Hogs for me, I'm lucky to get a Hog a month, sometimes one every two months. Our Hogs are fairly intensively hunted. You get one shot off and may not see them again for weeks or longer.

I was on one hunt in the Czech Republic, in a old forest. Forty Hogs came in and had no fear whatsoever of man. My guess is it was a couple of sounders that temporarily joined together, they had been back in the wild lands for a long time and had little contact with hunters. I spent half the night on an eight foot telephone pole gate post watching them. My feeling was if they weren't afraid of me, I was afraid of them.

I once threw a road kill Deer into an area the Hogs had been hitting hard for earth worms and grubs. I came back the next morning and found only a few bone splinters and hair tufts. You have to respect those Hogs and have an escape plane in mind if they do something unpredictable.

One reason hunters are a good thing, it keeps the wildlife from getting to comfortable and maybe considering humans as dinner.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:04 AM
Fork Horn

I fully understand, MudderChuck. I can remember back when I got 6 on one year and thought I was kicking butt and taking names! At my place, hogs disappear pretty quick once you shoot at them and may not be back for 1-3 months.