HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Not sure what is going on but.....
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 06:12 PM
elkman30
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
Well, both of those links to spammer i posted are still there. Its hard for me to believe HNI is even remotely serious about dealing with the issue. One of them i think i even reported twice.

I reported one more today which will be my last. I can see im wasting my time using features that are built into the software. I know an admin logged in Yesterday 06:28 PM. If he is too busy to deal with it then so am i.
I gotta admit, Gm54 does make a good point as does alleyyooper. It's not just if the mods are removing spam, admin can do that also. More importantly, admin can use software to make it harder for spammers to get in to begin with. Gm said he complained about 2 spam posts and both are still up almost a week later. He also said he's an admin on another hunting website. Don't know what software his other website uses but obviously there are software fixes to reduce spam. It doesn't look like huntingnet is doing that.

alleyyooper mentioned he's on other websites and they have very little spam and have a few more hoops for new members or spammers to jump through. I spend a bit of time on another hunting website like champlain islander and have noticed that it has little if any spam on it either. Based on what I've seen and what the guys above are stating, it sounds like software can be used to prevent a lot of spam before it starts. This makes me wonder why that's not happening here.