HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Not sure what is going on but.....
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 01:27 PM
Fieldmouse
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
I can't speak for other mods.

but for myself... Allot of the times I access the site through my phone. This, at least from what I've been able to figure out, limits what I'm able to do as a moderator. So, if I see a large issue that needs handled, then I have to go to a desktop and login (this currently requires going to my parents house and using their computer, as we do not have a regular computer at my house.) If it's a big issue then I try to get time to do this. If it's not, I wait until I'm there anyway.

A second issue(again, at least for me) is the reports that are filled out by members go to my email. I don't check my email daily. No excuses there, I just don't. It's more useful to me if a member PMs me and tells me what the issue is. that way I see it when I logon even if I don't get a chance to check my email.

Last issue is something all of us mods deal with. It's a volunteer position that we choose to do to attempt to help the forum run smoothly. We all have things going on outside of HNI. I worked 74 hours last week, and I have two young kids and a wife. So, not allot of moderating was done. This week I work 48 hours. I'll be a little more active this week.

Allot happens behind the scenes that many never even see. As an example... I banned 7 spammers on 06/08 during about an 8 hour time frame. For every spammer that gets through and posts, allot get caught and banned before they get the chance to post.

We're doing the best we can.

-Jake
lame excuse Jake. HNI is your family now. You don't need a life outside of us.