HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best Trail Cams for Public Land
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 05:32 AM
younggun308
Nontypical Buck

Default Best Trail Cams for Public Land

It's an odd question, but I suppose the main point is that if putting a trail cam with a lock out on public land, you don't want to have a ton of money at risk. My uncle and I found a game "superhighway" deep in some public land (over 14 miles driving, then 1 mile over rough terrain or 2.5 miles down a walk-only logging trail, then 300 yards off of it). Problem is, don't want to risk losing a cam at great cost.

We found a nice fallen log, and think we'd stand a better chance putting the cam on the ground right beneath it (facing up), perhaps with some obstruction in front of it that doesn't get in the way of the lens and sensor/focus, and of course a lock to strap it to the log. Unlikely someone will be roaming with chain-cutters in such a remote part of the woods, but still don't want to take chances losing a great cam.

With that said, is there a relatively cheap cam that you nonetheless find quite satisfactory? Looking for something that might fit the bill and could be left out for up to a month.