HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Coming soon PA....
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 03:40 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Trust me, it's coming. Where I hunt in Ohio is right on the border of PA. Eastern edge of Trumbull county. And nearly everything, even places as small as 8 acres (that's the smallest I've seen), is being leased up. Allegheny County the leases are full. Once they're full, more properties will be signing up.

As a landowner, why wouldn't you sign up? $3500/year for 62 acres. Can't beat that. Split between 6 hunters that's just under 600/ year to share 62 acres with 5 other people. Ridiculous. But can't blame the landowners.

By the way, that specific lease is in southern butler county, PA... not exactly a big buck hot spot. But this is what it's going to.

I mostly feel bad for my kids. I grew up in a blessed time frame for hunting. Farmers were asking us to come shoot deer. Lots of tags, lots of access. They'd bring their tractors back to help haul them out after we got them. But leasing is changing the game.

You might not notice it this year, maybe not next year. But in 25 years, when my kids are having kids... I think things will look entirely different in the hunting world.

-Jake
right on the border of OHIO, I can see leasing in PA< but thats a very small part of PA, and reasin its selling there is its riding on being close to the border of OHO as a selling /marketing item
price leasing of land in places that border TOP 5 states of B&C< the $$$ per acre on them borders will be twice as high or MORE due to they sell, thinking them BIG bucks don't know what a border is and will be on the other side(many times they are too LOL)
but across the state of PA, I do NOT see leasing being a big deal, all the more so with hunter numbers dropping as they are state wide
I know hundreds of PA hunters and 99% of the one';s I know are too cheap to PAY for land when they have access to so much FREE land to hunt, and again, almost ALL die hards whitetail hunters I know have either PRIME private land they got access to, or BOUGHT There own to make it was they want!
if PA had better QUALITY of land and BUCKS in more places, I would say YUP leasing will take off, but as of now, in MOST of PA< its NEVER going to happen!
just my 2 cents!