HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - cheap cam review
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 01:14 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Default cheap cam review

OK, so I know many guys are always looking at trail cam's and the prices go from high to low.

I have been playing with trail cams now since the late 90's (35 mm film cams) I have had a LOT of different brands and from high end costly one's to cheap as I can find

I have had a LOT of cam's stolen over the yrs (25+ cams) so, I have always been trying to find cheaper cam's for higher risks places

most of the low cost cam's I have tried have been very hit and miss at best, and most have been either very slow wake up times, or ate battery's and a ton of pic's with NOTHING in them, and most have not lasted very long

I run cam's 24/7/365, and in low temps (minus 30+ wind chills) to close to a 100 or more in summer time

I was at Wally world last yr and seen they had some Tasco trail cam's for $25 bucks and change

no frill's NOTHING special about them lower megapixel only 4, but they do have a 6 and a 8 for a few dollars s more! think the 8 was 38 bucks and 6 $30

I have the first cam outside now for 6+ months, ahve taken well over 9,000+ pic's on same set of battery's

its been super reliable, very fast wake up time and so far LONG battery life even in the cold, rare if ever do I get a pic with nothing on it(animal wise)

NOW the pic's are not the most clear but NOT expected, flash range has been OK on deer and foxes out to about 40-50 feet, on bears it gets a little harder due to them being black, in day time, it tends to add a little yellow to the color on things, and IF you set it up to to take a pic every 2 seconds, it seems to struggle a little with the second pic in a row, just a little darker than the first pic

BUT for 25 bucks, I now have 4 of them and all have worked just fine

and I think anyone looking for a cheap cam that won't make you curse if it grows legs on you, there worth the 25 bucks!

here are a few pic's
Attached Images