HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - BK-92 Qestions
Thread: BK-92 Qestions
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 09:29 AM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Default BK-92 Qestions

I have just came up with a new 50 cal. BK-92 - not in the box but from all appearances it has never been fired!

I know the rifle is less expensive version of the MK... but it was still built under the supervision of Tony Knight, so I am thinking the less expensive items on the gun are the sights - trigger guard - stock while the barreled receiver remains manufactured to T Knight specifications.

Questions...

1. The barrel is not a Green Mountain barrel. and from what I can find it must be a Numrich barrel. It does have a large "N" stamped on the underside of the receiver.

2. Are the receiver and the barrel 1 piece or is the barrel screwed into to the MK style receiver as the early MK's were?

I have it on the work bench now getting it ready to shoot for the first time... I have treated the bore with Bore Tek, Changed out the plastic front sights and added a Williams FP peep sight.

Naturally! Williams does not produce the flat top 'Knight' peep base - FP any longer so I have a Legend on it temporarily or maybe permanently... I will have to drill and tap the reciever if I go this way. Not a big problem at all. BUT, I may have a line on a real 'Knight' model FP. I checked all of the online spots that I normally go on.

Atter I get this all done I might even swap out stocks for a thumbhole composite...

The plan is to get this rifle worked up for my hunting partners grandson... it will make an excellent starter for him.

O - thanks Sqezer!

Last edited by sabotloader; 04-12-2018 at 05:04 PM.