HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Latest Purchase?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2018, 05:34 AM
flags
Giant Nontypical

I think the last one I bought was an HR Ultra Slug Hunter in 12 Ga. I bought the ultralight model. At the time I was stationed in VA and most the area I was in was restricted to shotguns for deer. It was cheaper to buy this one through the military exchange system than to get a slug barrel for my pump. However when I left VA I no longer had a use for it so I sold it there.

Personally my days of buying guns is about over. I don't fully trust the govt with the data. Mine have all been bought years ago or were inherited so I doubt the data went straight into the govt computers. Any purchases now will be filed and will never go away, especially if you are buying any AR type rifle. You know they will track those.

There is only one rifle I would like to get and that's the M1A in 30 Carbine. I think it would make a great truck gun and I've liked every one I've ever shot. But there is that data base thing so unless I can find one and do a face to face no paperwork deal I won't buy it. Sad that it has come to this but I fear it is the reality that will eventually come to face us all. Make no doubt about it, the politicians of both parties are going to make a play for our guns and the data base is where they will start.