HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Remington's New Slug Ammo....Price Is Insane !!!!
Old 03-01-2018, 01:11 PM
sooshunt
Spike

Default 2.70 a box if you buy a case

I bought a case of the new Remington expanders,I also have a case of the accutips. Accutips are very accurate but their terminal performance is questionable. I shot a buck in the snow this year,perfect shot and had very minimal blood. Had there been no snow I am not sure I would have found the deer. If you buy a case of shells they cost 2.70 per shell,that is not expensive for a quality slug. And they are just as accurate as the accutips. I shoot a savage 220,I use the 2/34 shells. I have used barnes for years and they are the best in my opinion. Don't get cheap when it comes to the most critical part of your hunt. On average a good quality hunting arrow is 14.00 add the broad head another 14.00. Add lighted nocks, 10.00. Your up to 38.00. Now you say,well I can use that arrow over again, maybe if it does not break or the deer runs off with it. But at a minimum you need to replace the blades each time you shoot it...add at least 7.00 each time you fire? So ask yourselves is it worth it to make sure you are doing your best to make sure you are using the best available. I did not even change the point of aim on my scope when I shot the barnes from the accutips. It was dead on side to side about 1.5 inches lower.The target has 5 shots at 100 yards off sandbags. The one to the left I pulled.
Attached Images    

Last edited by sooshunt; 03-01-2018 at 01:19 PM.