HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My High Country Sniper...any info...
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2003, 10:51 AM
JOE PA
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My High Country Sniper...any info...

Scott:

As you may be aware, High Country was pretty much at the top of the compound bow world in the early " 90' s. I remember one of my friends had a High Country Safari, which was kind of a soft cam. The Supremes had the hard Phantom Extreme (hatchet) cams, and the Sniper had energy wheels. I' m sure at #65, you have plenty of power for pass-through shots on deer. I am sure that all of them were stickered to have a 15# draw wt. range, instead of the #10 range that most bows have today. If your bow does actually go up to #90, as some Snipers did, then its bottom weight should be #75. I' m guessing that the limb sticker is not readable anymore. Do your limbs look like the bolts are backed way off? Is there space between the base of the limb, and the limb pocket? Most bows that are backed off 25# from their peak weight should look strange to say the least. If it really is a #90 bow, and you are shooting it at #65, the limbs would have to be backed way off, probably too far, IMO. If the limbs don' t really look like they are backed off too far, then perhaps it is a #65-80. They sold a lot of those back in the early ' 90s. Perhaps Pinwheel 12 could help you. He used to be a factory shooter for High Country back then. Jeff B. also seems to have a lot of experience with High Country bows. If those two do not respond to this thread, I would suggest
e-mailing them. Jeff B. in particular is very helpful and answers any question I have ever asked of him. Hope this helps. Good Luck!