HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Possible Ohio Deer Changes
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 05:33 AM
t.shaffer
Typical Buck

jake i talked to odnr in district #3 & that's were i got the answer from about shooting a doe on private land & dieing on public land.they sad they are worring about hunters doing that . what stops them just shooting does on public land & claiming they shot it on their buddies farm next to state game land . they also said that if you shoot a deer on your property & it runs onto your neighbors post property does not give you the right to go onto his property to retrieve it UNLESS you have permission to do so & if you don't you are legally trespassing & will be charged for trespassing $ 200 & up & taking a deer out of season fines of 1000 & up. because you did'nt have permission to hunt there. yeah it might be deer season but not on tour neighbors posted land . i talked to my game warden about this several times . he said if you don't have permission stay off the guys land. call the odn & see if they will get you permission to retrieve a dead deer with out getting into deep do do.i just seen him last nite @ my sportsman club meeting were he was a quest speaker & he confirmed to us that if you do shoot a doe on public land & it dies on public land you can't retrieve. call them & they will retrieve it put as he said it damn sure it's going to the local soup kitchen. he also believes this law will not become a law just to much legal jive.