HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Could this save Remington?
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 09:38 PM
Bocajnala
Super Moderator

Remington did not listen to the demands of the market.

30 years ago, people wanted wood and steel, a rifle that would last forever, and that would be handed down through the generations. Remington made some of those, and developed a loyal customer base.

Today the market has two categories.

The first is the people who want low priced and accurate. (Notice I didn't say JUNK here)
The second is the people who are willing to pay to get exactly what they want (these are the people buying customs, semi customs, and the higher end factory rifles.

For the most part Remington lands in the middle of these two categories.

The people who have money, don't really want an off the shelf CDL. The people who don't have money, also don't want to pay 800-1200 for a 700.

Remington made some ADLs that were cheaper but still good quality. I have one that shoots very well.

Remington's entry level rifles were basically junk. You never heard anything good about the 710s,770s. I've heard some good things about their new 783 but I haven't shot or held one myself.

Even in the 700s you typically hear that other manufacturers are more accurate out of the box. Probably more rifle builds are done on 700 actions, but the out of the box accuracy is lacking compared to other (cheaper) options if the internet reviews are to be believed.

-Jake