HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Which FoxPro?
Thread: Which FoxPro?
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 09:06 AM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

The Banshee (replaced the Hellfire I use) has the volume a guy wants. The Shockwave and Prairie Blaster are also loud, but it's really an axe to kill a fly. I've used Spitfires and Wildfires, now replaced by the Inferno, but more similarly featured to the new Patriot, for years with SP-55 auxiliary speakers, which I modified to have their own power supply - without them, they're not really loud enough (The icotech GC300 & 350 are guilty of the same problem).

In 2018, most of the features of the Shockwave or Prairie Blaster which aren't available on some of the lower end models can be done more elegantly and efficiently on an ipad or laptop, creating a mixed sound set as a single sound file, saved to the caller.

Personally, owning a Fusion, Hellfire, Spitfire, Wildfire, Shockwave, Turbo Dogg, Alpha Dogg, GC350, Mimic, & Echo - and having owned callers going all the way back to a RECORD PLAYER with a big Edison horn - the one I use the most today (other than handcalls) is the Hellfire. Lots of volume and simple. Exactly what I want, without a lot of features I don't. The Shockwave is my second choice. I've killed hundreds of dogs over a Spitfire/Wildfire, and the GC350 is relatively similar - less sound integrity, a bit less volume, and a lot less remote range.

If my house burned down and I started all over, I'd buy a Screaming Banshee, mount it to my quad, and then use half of it as a standard Banshee when hunting on foot.