HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Which FoxPro?
Thread: Which FoxPro?
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 05:17 AM
alleyyooper
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Why a Fox Pro?

I have a Ico Tec GC 350, of the ten hunters in my coyote hunting group all have a IcoTec from a GC 300 one fellow got at walmart For $67.00 on sale a $90.00 caller today that can play two sounds at the same time. the GC500 is $200.00, the GC 350 like mine is about $125 now. Both the GC350 and the GC500 you can attach the AD decoy to and control it remotely same as the sounds.

Most of us use the weasle ball modified to a decoy found on Varmint al's site. We also use goose and turkey feathers we clip(small roach clips) to branches of a bush, strand of barb wire fence and even to the tail of our weasle ball to make it look bigger.

Ico Tec also has a sound Library where you can get sounds down load them to your computer and put them on a SD card 2GB'S or smaller.
http://icotec.com/preview-free-sounds/

The remote is numbered 1 thru 12 then A and B on mine for 24 different sounds. Just print a sheet of paper with the sound for each number on the SD card you have in the caller. Easy with a quick look to pick the sound you want. Laminate the paper and hook some elastic to each end and you have it on ypoiur wrist like a FB GB has his calls on his wrist.

you can make a play list of sounds so to speak.
you can download Audacity a free, open source software for recording and editing sounds. It is available for Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems.

My brother still used a old Johnny Stewart casset caller with good luck. But with out the remote and being able to set it farther away he has to pay more attention to camouflage and decoys to get the coytes eyes away from him.

Al

Last edited by alleyyooper; 01-28-2018 at 05:23 AM.