HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New season extender
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 11:57 AM
rockport
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Well the problem is, I have friends who swear by them and some who hate them, the pro at the archery shop recommended them said it is what he uses and never had one fail him so I bought them. I reckon I will find out. I have seen the wounds on some of my friends deer with them and they were impressive. Since I have not picked up a bow since 1976 and was using bear razor heads with the insert, I am pretty far out of the archery loop so I figured I would listen to the pro at the shop.
They actually should do fine with a crossbow. The biggest problem is a lot of bows just don't have the power to push a 2 inch broadhead through any bones. They just don't penetrate very well which won't be near as much of a problem with a crossbow that shoots 368 fps. It might still be something to think about with big hogs but just for the record they still havn't really made anything much better than an old bear razorhead. Hit through the ribs and you will be fine but if you hit that shoulder you really would literally still be very hard pressed to find anything that would out perform an old bear razorhead.

Last edited by rockport; 01-09-2018 at 12:07 PM.