Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
New season extender >

New season extender

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

New season extender

Old 01-20-2018, 10:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Rocky, it is 52 degrees here today so I put up my bag target and got out my range finder and measured off 25 yards. I already knew I was right on at 20 yards so I used the main horizontal cross hair and held about 3 inches high, at the top ring of the bullseye and I was just below center so 2 inchs high would be enough at 25 yards. Then I measured off 30 yards and set up my portable shooting bench at 30 yards. I used the first line under the main horizontal on the bullseye and shot cross hair. I was right on one in the bullseye and one touching the edge of it. I only fired two crossbolts at a time because I pulled a Robin Hood at 25 yards and hit the edge of my nock on one of my bolts. Gotta get a new one on Monday. My manual says each line below the main horizontal is abut ten yards further in distance and they were right.
Old 01-20-2018, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Rocky, it is 52 degrees here today so I put up my bag target and got out my range finder and measured off 25 yards. I already knew I was right on at 20 yards so I used the main horizontal cross hair and held about 3 inches high, at the top ring of the bullseye and I was just below center so 2 inchs high would be enough at 25 yards. Then I measured off 30 yards and set up my portable shooting bench at 30 yards. I used the first line under the main horizontal on the bullseye and shot cross hair. I was right on one in the bullseye and one touching the edge of it. I only fired two crossbolts at a time because I pulled a Robin Hood at 25 yards and hit the edge of my nock on one of my bolts. Gotta get a new one on Monday. My manual says each line below the main horizontal is abut ten yards further in distance and they were right.
Yeah from what Ive seen the scopes are pretty spot on as far as yardage. You will definitely want to shoot different spots on the target or you'll be ruining all kinds of arrow/nocks....Maybe something should have mentioned earlier...
Old 01-20-2018, 11:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Now you tell me!
Old 02-07-2018, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Now you tell me!
Well I guess I'm just an idiot

Old 02-07-2018, 01:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Way to go William Tell.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got some of them black eagle arrows with the brass inserts, I just wanted to see how well they grouped.....they group pretty good.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Looks like.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:36 PM
Spike

OT, which bag did you buy?
Old 02-08-2018, 03:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

I got the Big Shot 450 X. I can pull the cross bolts out with two fingers. Only down side is it is heavy but it has a handle on top so it isn't too bad to carry or move around.