HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Game Cameras...
Thread: Game Cameras...
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2017, 02:07 PM
Newaygo
Spike

Default Game Cameras...

After reading the Best Trail Camera Thread I can only wonder how many different brands and Models those that Posted has Used?
I have had 8 different High End Moultries M-1100i, M-990i and M-880i and All have Failked with in the first 6 Months! Similar with Covert had 3 1 Black 60 and 2 Red 40 all had issues the 60 blurry day and night images and missed a lot and False Triggers and why I no longer have any. As for Stealth have had several that are good cams especially for video till Jan 2017 Their G42NG had Flickering, sent them in got 2 more the same they okay pic cams but not Video cams. I have also had a Uway extremely grainy night time images pic and video. Again a High end Game Camera. I also have had Browning Dark Ops and Spec Ops hands down the 2016 Spec Ops is a good cam especially for Video.

I have had more than 20 different cams plus all the replacements of another 14 most 9 Moultrie, 1 Covert and 3 Stealth. I gave up sending cams back being bad out of the box makes it sad especially for cams that are priced over 200.00 and when you get a replacement they have a new issue like total whiteouts at transition times which is an important time to see what wildlife is traveling by. It seems that Users have had limited experience using cams and also the fact that No 2 Users have the same set up and know what cams are to function like missing animals or dark images or flash burn and again once you have seen this one wonders what is a "Good" Cam! So I can only wonder when All Moultrie and Covert does is send out a New Replacement doubt they will ever test returns to Fix them they just change things like Stealth and Moultrie making a change and the newer version has issues again out of the Box. And some wonder why they make any changes to what was a Decent Game Camera.
Once you have used several you will see a difference but that is $ trying something and as mentioned it is "Hit & Miss"... So I can only see that some go with the Known Names that are readily sold. I was looking for a good Black Flash and some suggested the Black 60 so I got one and was disappointed and one of the guys that suggest it when asked about "false triggers" said he just lives with it! That told me that is why some have little knowledge as to what a Good Camera really is. Sad but again if we all used the same settings and in the same environment then we might have similar results but we never will!
Newaygo1