HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best choice of deer rifle (T3, A7, x-bolt, 11/111, vanguard, etc)
Old 11-29-2017, 06:44 AM
flags
Giant Nontypical

Blah, Blah, Blah. There is a reason that Remington rifles are the platform most of the snipers in both military and police use. The lawsuit is based on people claiming the rifle went off but most of those instances were found to be operator fault. The same thing has happened with every brand of rifle. Remington settled simply because it is cheaper to do so.

Any mass produced item will have the occasional lemon. Nothing new here nor does it mean every Remington is a lemon despite what you claim. I'm more than willing to bet I have more shooting experience than you do with a wider variety of firearm types and brands. Remington makes a quality item period and for you to try and claim otherwise is little more than ignorant.

In my collection right now I have 3 Remington rifles: Model 700 ADL in 7mm Mag, Model 700 Classic in 6.5x55 Swedish and Model 700 Classic in 375 H&H. All have good adjustable triggers and I have tried to make them fire in the way that BS lawsuit claims. Never been able to do so. My late father and brother also shot Model 700 ADLs in 7mm Mag and they never had an issue with them. I have taken more than 60 species of game worldwide with Remingtons and have never had an issue.

You keep your panties in a twist over Remingtons and I'll keep killing game with them. But I'll still use my CZs, Mannlichers, Rugers, Winchesters, Weatherbys etc... along the ways as well.