HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - non (but not anti) hunter needs education please
Old 10-23-2017, 05:58 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by livbucks
If they are your neighbor I would introduce myself and let them know you noticed they left a cam on your property. If they seem like reasonable people I would let them hunt the edge of your property where the trail is. I think you are worrying unnecessarily about them shooting your animals. It is not even remotely likely. Hunters really do know the difference between deer and horses believe it or not. If they seem like jerks than warn them about tresspassing and that you will be pressing charges for future viloations. Good luck and hopefully you make some new friends. They may end up helping you out someday if the situation works out.
I will have to say this, due to I have worked on many farms where horses and cows have been shot in hunting season over 35+ yrs
I fully agree 99% of the time, MOST hunters know its NOT a deer, and that really has NOT been the issue I have found
the issue seems to be idiots seem to like to shoot things, hear there gun go bang, or??
being spiteful that they cannot hunt on the property the animals are ion, or disputes with land owners.
nothing to do with mis ID of the animal, and knowing they can get away with it, MOST times, due to large acres and cannot be in every place to catch them

I fully agree the best road to travel with new neighbors is, go easy and be NICE as you can, good neighbors are a blessing
BAD neighbors can be a nightmare!

I have one farm I managed, that the one neighbor lived out of state, and he posted his land, but is NEVER there, everyone and there brother hunts it at will, and wanders off HIS lands onto the farm I manage, due to most deer live OFF his land(poor cover and habitat on this guys land)
it was Nothing to catch 35-40 HUNTERS a yr trespassing from his side to the farms side over a 5 yr time frame I filled 1/2 of a
5 gallon bucket with arrows I found stuck in the farm fields, where they shot at ?? and missed
Flat tires on tractors have happened there due to arrows?? costly expense!

the LAND owner refused to help, saying he didn't care what when on the land as it "DIDN"T EAT ANYTHING" was his replys.
I offered to PAY for security to kick trespassers out IF he would follow up in court as I caught them
but he refused to do so
this was a cattle farm and crops, over 25 yrs I was there about a dozen cows were killed or wounded there with both gun shots and arrows!
again spiteful shootings IMO< due to they were NOT allowed to hunt the farm, a property known to hold HUGE bucks!
thus another reason for so much trespassing issue's!

SO< my advice is again, be nice up front, and you will know what your in for from how that first contact goes, or MOST times you will.