HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Draw Weigh increase, shoot higher?
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 09:22 PM
hunters_life
Typical Buck

With today's broadhead technology there are many out there that will fly truly with your field tips. As long as your inserts are installed properly and the broadheads are true to your arrow then planing (broadhead steering) is a thing of the past with a lot of brands out there. Slick Tricks are one of those brands and I have yet to be disappointed with them. I've sent them through a pretty large number of whitetail and a pretty good number of elk and I don't have one of those speed demon bows. I have an old Hoyt Raptor that barely hits 285-290 on it's good days. I did just get my dads new Bowtech when he passed earlier this year and finally got it set up to me so I'll be sending arrows at over 320 now. But I can shoot my arrows tipped with field points then put on a set of my Slick Tricks and hit dead in the same spots on the target with absolutely no adjustments at all. So when you are ready to spin on some broadheads, keep those in mind. But if you do get something else and find you have to tune a little, you are correct in your thinking of rest adjustments. It's usually very small adjustments if any is needed and mostly it is because of the greater length of the broadhead vs the field tip. They launch just a tad differently so a small adjustment, usually away from the riser, or a touch higher, will cure problems. But the Slick tricks are very short so I haven't even had an issue. At least not with the Standard model.