HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Draw Weigh increase, shoot higher?
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 11:07 AM
heavymetal
Spike

Default Draw Weigh increase, shoot higher?

I am new to archery and bowhunting and to this group. I have hunted since I could stand with a gun so new to a lot of this stuff. I have been shooting every single day for a month and trying to gather as much info as I can about it all and also to get familiar with my bow and what not. Getting ready to hunt next year with it. I recently increased the poundage from 62 to 69 pounds. Which is a decent jump but can shoot the 69 comfortably roughly 30 times in a session no problem. My arrows began to shoot a decent amount higher at 20-60 yards so I adjusted it and my accuracy also increased fairly drastically. Also noticed it was a bit less forgiving. When I get more comfortable with this poundage Ill be broached tuning it from which I understand is more adjusting the rest instead of the sights. So am I on the right track with that? More important though, is that normal for adjusting higher poundage that it shoots higher and accuracy increases? It makes sense that it would shoot higher if I adjust my poundage higher. If needed I can give my bow info and arrow info. Thank you.