HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting vehicles
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 10:05 AM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

Assuming the risk of sounding like Valentine, I've noted over the years, when you talk about the folks who have the disposable income to afford a hunting specific vehicle AND live in town such their only need for a so-capable vehicle, then you're talking about folks with very particular and personal tastes AND very particular needs.

What you need in a hunting vehicle depends upon what you're hunting and where. What a guy WANTS in a hunting vehicle depends upon the person.

A buddy of mine in college was a backpack bowhunter from Utah, he used a subaru outback and swore it was the best thing since sliced bread. All wheel drive, enough room for him and his gear, and a bed if he ever needed it. You couldn't give me one, however.

Generally, I don't like to need my 4 wheel drive when I'm hunting - as that typically means I'm driving somewhere I shouldn't be, and I'm tearing something up (other than snow).

For me, I'm too cheap to commit disposable income to a "hunting truck" which I only use a few months out of the year. I need a truck all year round which is capable of hunting, so that's what I run. I use an ATV in the field - most often a nice and light little cheap 150cc toy, since it doesn't tear up as much, and does what I need of it.