HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scouting and Accessing Public Land
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 04:11 PM
olsaltydog
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
You disagree with us and that's fine, but most videos like you're talking about don't show a method that may be illegal in some areas like he did! Then when the facts were posted so at least those on this site would know what he posted was not legal in all areas he came right back and had to be corrected a second time because he was totally wrong. YOU are the one that's being petty because I'd bet that if you were one that followed his advice in an area where it was illegal you'd be pissed and be asking him to pay your ticket if you got one!
If i was taking a trip to his state and contacted him about the area rules and he presented himself as an outfitter or guide service then you betcha i would be pretty peeved. But I have never taken a fishing, hunting, boating, or camping trip anywhere without doing the research, making a few calls to proper officials and figuring out as much details as possible.

Listen, you don't have to like my views on things or agree with me, but some of this is getting rediculous. Almost like needing a warning label telling us "caution, coffee is got. I'm just saying, if I went through my YouTube history right now I can probably find an issue within each and every one. The first one would be my brothers spearfishing trip in Florida and if we put disclaimers into the videos like what is being asked here he would have to tell everyone that spears are not legal in certain areas but Hawaiian slings are the accepted method of harvesting in the Bahamas. I just don't see the point in the disclaimer. It's not the guys problem from Florida, it's the guys problem going to the Bahamas to find out what he needs to know.

Also if you went back and read my second post in this I agreed, you brought up an excellent point about land/water access. I even said the next few replies addressed what he was not fully understanding, but again I think you guys got ridiculously petty about everything after that.