HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Homemade ground blinds
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 12:58 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

I built this one a 5yrs back or so, I used all treated plywood for floor, and framing, and used painted OSB(painted with paint and then roof tar waterproofing on outside, and black paint for inside) inside is covered with all sheet foam insulation, painted black, and a carpeted floor

It is 6x6x6 ft 2" inside, I wanted a full sized door, to make getting in and out easy, had a place picked out I built it for, didn;t want or need windows on the back side, so windows on 3 sides only, but could add rears if I ever wanted
its also built on skids, so it could be towed and dragged
I did a tar paper roll roofing roof, didn't want metal, for being more quiet

windows are pretty much 1/2 width on 2 sides, and full width across the front,,Main window I expected to shoot from,
with an adjustable up, height at any setting you wish, did this so a crossbow could be shot with zero issue's about limbs and being wide enough(on the full width of windows)
this blind when all done, was HEAVY, without a doubt an easy 900+ lbs
and not a nail in it, all deck screws, so anything that ever torts can be replaced easier!

I only needed it off the ground about 2 ft, and used HD old style tall wider and heavier cinder block, used a tractor to lift it up on platform
whole thing was built on a trailer, to make getting it where I wanted as easy as possible too!

the size to me was perfect for two people or even 3, if not too big
it was warm , dry and DARK inside when windows were down, like NOT see your hand in front of your face dark, LOL
the insulation made it rather quiet too

I would say it cost me about 700 bucks to build it
don't have any handy of when it was set up
But I ended up loosing the farm it was one and I sold the blind, so didn;t have to move it LOL

but here's a couple pic's while it was being built, wasn't finished here, but can maybe get some idea's?

best advice is build it as you want, and do it right the first time, once you get it like this changing plans isn't easy and again, there HEAVY when all done, but should last a LONG time with a little love now and then!
Attached Images