HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scouting and Accessing Public Land
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 08:35 AM
flags
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bronko22000
That is a terrible law and IMO should never have passed any state senate.
Not saying I agree with the law. As a matter of fact I don't and sportsman groups have tried to get it changed several times but the Cattlemen Associations in the west carry a lot of political clout. However that isn't the relevant point. Whether you agree with the law or not is moot, IT IS THE LAW. And the OP saying it isn't, is liable to get someone a ticket.

The west is a different animal than the northeast or the mid-west. Doesn't matter if you like it or not, it is what it is. You should always check the local laws and never assume that what you can do back home is allowable in other regions. For instance, in my native CO I can bone a deer out where it hits the ground as long as I leave evidence of sex attached to one piece. But in TX where I live now I can't piece a carcass down any farther than quarters and I have to bring the head out, even if it is a doe. To me it makes no sense to bring bones and head out just to have to dispose of them later. But that doesn't matter, the law says that is what I have to do.

Last edited by flags; 07-22-2017 at 08:37 AM. Reason: typo