HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First 100 yard Flintlock report
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 04:58 PM
MountainDevil54
Banned

Default First 100 yard Flintlock report

Well now, that was fun! I got all dressed up in my gear as its how I will be hunting, with the exception of blaze orange thrown in to be legal... Even though bowhunters run around with us without the orange on :roll:

Don't worry fellers, this was just a prop picture, I put on my shooting glasses before I primed and took a shot.

I am shooting my Traditions .50cal 1:48 twist, Mountain Rifle with a French Amber flint wrapped in leather, 70gr Goex 3fg, .020" Bridgers Best patches lubed in Frontier's Anti-Rust and Patch Lube, home cast .490" round balls.

No swabbing was done during the shoot.

The 3 shots are the first 3 shots of the evening. After that, I didn't bother taking pictures as I was playing with pan charges, figuring out if there was another sweet spot or if I had found it already. She loves a heavy dose my 4fg Goex priming powder! 2 1/2 - 3 compression's worth.

Dead center, but quite a bit low. I'll make adjustments later on as I plan to change out the rear sight down the road for a semi buckhorn sight.

Notice my short starter? I picked that up at Rendezvous and during the Mountain Man Survival trail, that's where it was at all times. Tucked in snug between my belt buckle loop so it was easy to get to, yet secure.

Last edited by MountainDevil54; 09-23-2018 at 12:29 PM.