HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 3 Slamming Thunder
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2017, 02:38 PM
Phil from Maine
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations guys on the birds as well as everyone who has scored for our team.. I sure wish there was a way we could pull a win off. I know we had all the right players to but sometimes it just doesn't come together.. I have been out hitting it hard but not hearing a sound.. I have had a nice tom hanging around my camp but he wouldn't play unless it is a Sunday which we can't hunt. I took the time to get a picture of him while he was going by the driveway at the camp.. Yesterday I thought finally it was going to come together with a pair of hens talking back to me with my pot call. Then I caught movement out of the corner of my eye as a coyote was sneaking in. I kept an eye on him and he stopped up while crouching down at around 55 yards.. I could barely see an ear twitching. I continued to watch him and after around ten minutes he started to move like he may have winded me so I let him have a number 6 3 inch Winchester Supreme load right between the eyes.. He took a running with his tail spinning and collapsed as he entered the woods. Not a yelp or nothing out of it. It turned out being a dry female so she will not be having any more pups or eating turkeys eggs and fawns anymore.. Here is 3 pictures 1 of the big turkey that wouldn't play and the other 2 of the coyote that came in.. I wish we could use her to score with then we would of won.. I will still be trying the next couple of mornings but it doesn't look good for us guys! Again thanks for having me as captain!

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-31-2017 at 02:43 PM.