Community

Team 3 Slamming Thunder

Old 06-01-2017, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

It sounds like we're done for the season. Congrats to all you guys for making it another great season.

Whatever you guys do, have fun and good luck. I'm going to get acquainted with the new red-dot I put on my AR and try to tangle my wits with some yellowfin tuna and mahi-mahi.
Old 06-02-2017, 06:17 PM
Fork Horn

It was good season. I enjoyed the stories. Looking forward to next year in the turkey bush. Thanks to Phil for being captain and Superstutter for running the contest. I'm on to fishing. Went out Wednesday evening chasing channel cats, Took a buddy from work. We went 9 for 11 bites, 81 lbs. total. 2 at 15 lbs. the smallest 3 lbs.
Old 06-03-2017, 04:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks everyone for allowing me to be the captain of the team. It was clearly a good team effort by all. Congrats on the countless number of hours out there hunting and keeping it safe! Also congrats Colbea on your fishing. I went out one night and caught 18 nice sized white perch.. Reflecting back on this years contest I feel like I let you all down as I had seen some huge turkeys but nothing came into play for me. I am at work today and not so sure if I will give it one more try or not.. I might after work though.. But overall the team did very well with camokenny and superstrutter slamming the birds and bringing them in.. Congrats guys! But whether you shot a bird or not is okay with me anyway as long as you spent some time out there and enjoying while keeping it safe! That is all one can really ask for! I also would be fair to guess my jake was the smallest one in HNI history.. But it tasted great! I was hoping to do much better.. I also got what I would of stated was unimaginable with that coyote I shot with #6 birdshot. I know that will save some birds nests as well as some fawns this year. It was also my first coyote and was shocked that the birdshot actually brought it down.. So it still was a great year for me even though those toms wouldn't gobble back to me.. It has been nice being the captain and hopefully we will see each other again next spring here.. Take care and best wishes for you all!