HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 3 Slamming Thunder
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 02:54 AM
Phil from Maine
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by blessed n born to hunt
I'd like to apologize to my team members , I had an awesome season with lots of interaction but in the end I failed to harvest a bird with my crossbow , I should have taken one with my shotgun so I could do my part .looking into a paid for hunt if I can find one , thanks for everything and sorry I let yall down
No worries here and as others have already stated that's hunting for you.. As long as you was safe and enjoyed the hunt that is what counts..

No luck yet guys and it is raining again this morning.. Damn I wish it would stay away for 3 days.. I have to get a tire replaced this morning anyways .. I had the sidewall blow out on me yesterday and that donut that they put in for a spare will not do the trick..

Wednesday I tried my luck at calling and had 4 jakes and 2 hens go by.. None of them gobbled.. I tried there again early in the morning yesterday and nothing.. They have a bad case of lock jaw here for some reason.. So I took a drive to camp and saw 7 different hens on the way. 4 of them were close to my camp.. But I couldn't call that big tom out to me there either.. So I split some soft wood for my fire pit as some company will be there tonight. Now my camp is 53 miles up a dirt road with fields most the way from powerlines on one side and a natural gas pipeline on the other side. I was expecting to see more hens than what I saw on the way out and never laid an eye on any toms up or back.. I did take around a 3 mile journey up in back on another dirt road to a place where I have see a few decent toms. I went in and tried calling for about 3 hours and nothing. As I was getting up and ready to go a big tom took running. He looked to have 2 beards on him. I fired but never touched him.. It wasn't the best shot one could take as he was running threw the woods on me. But figured as well as they have been acting I may as well try to get him.. Sorry guys but that is how it has been going as well as a flat tire around 15 miles from home.. That was not such a good way to end the day..