HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 3 Slamming Thunder
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 09:50 AM
colbea
Fork Horn

First congrats Kenny. Now my story, I haven't had a chance to shoot a bird for going on three years and having a bad cold I decided not to be fussy this year.

Opening morning started with rain, just has I left my truck. Cross the field I got lucky and another hunter left a pop-up blind set up from last fall. So, I crawl in and get comfortable. Ten minutes before shooting time. I hear two birds sound off from the roost. A couple of soft clucks and yelps and 30 minutes later had to jakes in front me. Shot one of them at thirty yards. He was 15 lbs 14 oz beard 51/4 in. spurs 1/4 in. total score 31.375. The neat thing is the end of the beard looks like it was dripped in beach and is blond.

The next day out still feeling like crap. I called in two more jakes and finished of my season shooting one, what turned out to be the smallest jake, I've ever killed. 13 lbs. 3 0z. beard 3 in. spurs 3/16 in. total 21.0625

My birds won't set any records, but they both scored higher than the birds, I didn't shoot the last two years.

Last edited by colbea; 04-28-2017 at 01:22 PM.