HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Looking to sell Oregon preference points
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 01:30 PM
CalHunter
Super Moderator

This topic doesn't belong in the Big Game forum and has been moved to the Classified section. I have left a 1-day expiring notice of redirect in case anybody is trying to access the topic. When I get time, I will review it for legality. If anybody has specific knowledge on Oregon hunting laws one way or another, please PM me and do not post it in this topic.
CalHunter

Update: apparently this is legal under Oregon law (see partial relevant article quote and link below).

Michelle Dennehy, a spokeswoman for the wildlife division of the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife, said the agency doesn't allow the sale or transfer of points, but "there is no prohibition in rule against joining a controlled hunt party application, or selling that."

Capt. Jeff Samuels, head of the Oregon State Police fish and wildlife division, agreed. "I am not aware of any prohibition against a person joining a controlled hunt party application with another person(s) whether for a fee or not," he wrote in reply to an emailed question.

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/ore...regons_bi.html

Last edited by CalHunter; 04-19-2017 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Update