HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting vehicles
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 07:51 AM
CalHunter
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mrbb
this is an impossible question, as it comes down to SO many factors
from what type of hunting you do, where you do it, what all you take or bring or need to haul carry or??

for plain jane most capable OFF road in STOCK form, a JEEP Wrangler is HARD to beat, but you will be very limited on what all you can carry haul and tow with it
next step up to ME< on off road ability and to haul and tow SOME things, will be a Toyota Tacoma with there off road package and locking diff's, makes a HUGE difference on where it can get you to on them alone!

after that you get into full sized trucks, and then there is like the dodge/ram, Powerwagon
ford has there raptor, an d Chevy has there one like model too(the powerwagon wins MY vote here for lockers and beefier set up)
almost ANY truck MFG today will also offer factory direct trucks with lift kits and warrantys, but there prices will be CRAZY high!
BUT do you really plan to drive a 30-70K truck thru the woods ??

an ATV is a super tool to have and use, will save you thousands of dollars in damages your TRUCK will endue in the off road world !
I've been looking a lot lately at Tacomas and had pretty much come to the same conclusion. You can haul more people, it can still be used as a commuter and is small enough to get through a lot of trails. I just wish the used ones weren't so expensive.