HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Muzzleloader against Centerfire Rifle!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 08:15 PM
super_hunt54
Nontypical Buck

Eh, I've had them drop in their tracks from just about everything in the centerfire world of bullets. And I've had them run forever. Same with ML bullets as well. Bullet placement is the key to whatever you are shooting. Bullet performance is second. I've nailed the boiler room, completely destroying the heart and lungs and watched them run for a couple hundred yards. Same shot, same rifle, same load, dropped in their tracks. The last several years now, I've been using High Shoulder shot placement. They don't even move any other way than straight down. For that shot, you need very good external ballistics for excellent accuracy. I've nailed a few deer now with the Lehighs as well as a few for my daughter now. They have performed flawlessly. None of mine have taken a step. Only one of hers took a step and it wasn't but a few dirty nose shuffle steps from a 211 yard shot. It's not a bullet I would want to compete at a long range contest with, but it is plenty accurate enough for a 200-250 yard shot. External ballistics wise, it aint a Parker. But a Parker aint a Leghi or a Bloodline when it comes to Terminal Ballistics either.