HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Duplexing For BH209
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 10:23 AM
super_hunt54
Nontypical Buck

Default Duplexing For BH209

Okay boys and girls. It's time to put our thinking caps on for a minute. I just read about a little trick that I may just give a wack at but I'd like to get some opinions or experiences first. I've read a couple posts on another site that some are loading 3-4 grains FFFG down the barrel before a load of BH in their inlines with #11 caps (one was a White Super 91) and getting reliable ignition!! Bronko had a NIB White Super 91 that I passed on for 2 reasons. 1: plunger/bolt type receivers and my sausage fingers just don't get along well without a primer tool. 2: #11 percussion type rifles won't reliably fire BH209 and if I'm using an inline, I want to use the best performing powder on the market. Now I'm kinda kicking myself in the butt for passing on a great deal on a rifle that could have very well surpassed the full bore bullet performance of my TC Pro Hunter barrel (no easy task there) that would also be "western compliant"!! Any of you guys with Whites ever tried this little trick??