HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What do you think about this buck?
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 09:34 AM
vipor3d
Spike

Originally Posted by blessed n born to hunt
Definitely a nice buck , I think he's young maybe 3 at the most , he's nice probably 19 inch spread but their right he lacks height and mass in his horn but also his body ,his necks swollen but in 2 more years he'll be all buffed, big body that matches that neck . It depends are you on public land - shoot him. If your areas hunting pressure is high - shoot him, if your hunting area is relaxed and you can wait cool . You can't eat horns and God let him come in day light ( another young sign ), if he walks by my tree , he'll leave in my truck ,good luck n God bless
Actually, the buck is on private land which is pretty much in my back yard. I can actually walk to the stand from the house and can still see the house from the stand where we have caught that buck on camera. I might should add that I started hunting when I was 12, which was 8 years ago. I killed a small 5 point that year which was my first deer ever and to this day has been my only buck. I have only been able to kill does since then, but that's probably because I kind of slacked off with hunting for a couple of years. But my point is I have never seen a deer as big as the one in the picture while hunting, and definitely have never killed anything that big and would be more than happy with getting one that big. Obviously he would be bigger in another couple years and that would be a nicer trophy, but the man who owns the property adjacent to the one I hunt and live on is pretty known for shooting any deer that walks and I guess I am just trying to figure out if the reward of letting him walk for another year is worth the risk of him getting taken on the next property.

Last edited by vipor3d; 12-08-2016 at 10:03 AM.