HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - CVA Accura MR QR Breech Plug Project
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2016, 06:49 PM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Grouse45
I'm working with Lehigh Defense on making a quality replacement plug for this ML and those that share the same plug. There will be a loose powder plug and pellet plug. I won't rule out one plug for all uses but right now the plan is two.

I've had this ML for over a year now. A few people didn't like my opinions on it but that's normal. I actually love just about everything about it except the breech plug. It's poorly designed, and very cheaply made. The goal is to make a quality plug with better ignition, better steel, and no shims. We have an idea to set the head space right on the plug for a clean reliable ignition source with all powders including BH209 my favorite.

Obviously do to the current design, we are limited to what we can do. I wish we could totally change the plug but that's just not possible. I've drawn up a complete redesign but that would mean barrel threads would need to change and some other things.

I love being involved with making products better. And I'm far from perfect, so any help or suggestions from board members would be greatly appreciated. My buddy Sabotloader is not a CVA fan, nor does he own one. I still don't think he believes I do So we will need a few volunteers to test the plug when ready. But we are in the very early stages and Lehigh Defense is a very busy company.

I'll update this thread when any news happens. All and this was my idea, and in no way will I be compensated for it. I'm good friends with Dave at Lehigh and enjoy being a part of developing new products and being able to test them.

Future plans at Lehigh are as follows in no special order. Improving T/C QR plug. A new premium ML bullet made out of Copper. A Sabotless fast twist ML bullet for shooting paper. And my favorite, designing the ultimate Hunting Muzzleloaders!!

You are correct it is really hard for me to believe that one!

Although the project certainly could be a very good one!