HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I've lost zeal
Thread: I've lost zeal
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2016, 04:06 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

I think many guys fall into ruts and loose some of the drive they once had, or I know I sure did,
for 30 yrs or so I was nuts about hunting, couldn;t hunt enough, and had 3+ months a yr off from Sept till mid Jan to hunt every day and I did pretty much, added as many states as I could to keep hunting as I filled deer tags from one state to another.

but then about 3 yrs ago now, I pretty much over night lost interest in logging in as many hrs as I used to, I now only hunt IF I really feel like it.
I did loose a bunch of my fav spots, when Friends passed away, and I do think a part of me, just misses the friendships we had and looked forward to seeing each other, come hunting season, as we all lived so far apart, all the more so my out of state friends, and even though I have access to lots of great places, not having them to visit, sucked the fun out of it it once had
was big into upland game hunting too, and when my dog passed away, that truely sucked the desire out of bird hunting, honestly haven't done any since his passing, was such a super dog, I cannot see filling his hoe's again, and no desire to want to even try to
SO many times its life itself that can cause loss of desire I guess, or is that death?

But I feel for you, as I am more like this now than ever . I do however find I enjoy hearing more about how others have been doing and seeing there success and failures, as they remind me of my own at times and I can relive them any time I want , memories are forever
hunting is, something , I say you do it as long as you enjoy it, then when you don't, don't force it, just enjoy what you did, and maybe some day you will come back at it again with the Passion you once had!