HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - climbing treestand similar to the Warren & Sweat Cottonwood model
Old 10-18-2016, 02:09 AM
wpshooter
Spike

Originally Posted by Valentine
And just because it is posted on the internet, doesn't mean its still in business.

There's a couple of stands on the market, that face the tree, but they are heavier than the old Warren & Sweat,
Summit has one that holds some 350 lbs, is expensive and weighs some 26 lbs. That says it all.
Their's a gunslinger that has two facing the tree. One weighs 26; the other weighs over 30 lbs.

Not looking now. I have an old stand that faces the tree. And I'm keeping it. They don't make it anymore.
In my original post, I clearly say that I want a stand that can be used BOTH ways, facing the tree and facing away from the tree.

I sure know that Warren & Sweat is no longer in business. If they were still in business and making a Cottonwood model or one similar to it, I would surely purchase and not be asking about something that was similar to it !!!

Most of the companies that are offering climbing treestands these days make stands that are NOT properly designed in that they have either no shooting rail or if they do it is so short and misplaced on the stand as to be more of a hindrance than a help.

Thanks.